Wednesday, April 26, 2017

A new blog!

Well, revamped anyway. I've moved my blog from acumbrianlife.blogspot.co.uk, since I no longer live in Cumbria, and have restyled it a little bit. I also have an exciting new schedule for content, which is as follows:

Monday Meal: I'll share a meal with recipe, photos, and kids' reviews, that I've made this week.

Tuesday Treasure: I'll share a book I'm reading that I've enjoyed, or spotlight an author.

Wednesday Writing: I'll share a few lines of what I'm currently working on.

Thursday Throwback: I'll spotlight an older book of mine, with a possible giveaway.

Friday Photo: I'll post a photo from my daily walks or town life.

So hopefully there will be something for everyone, and it will be more interesting to visit with far more regular posts. So, to kick it off, I'm posting a few lines from my brand new work-in-progress, Marry Me at Willoughby Close, which is the last book in the Willoughby Close series and is out in July.  Here is the gorgeous new cover:


This story is a romance, but it is also about Alice James' journey to becoming a stronger, more independent woman. I've written three chapters so far, and am really enjoying how Alice is discovering her inner feistiness! Here is a snippet from the beginning, when Henry Trent is grilling her about being a companion to his aunt, Lady Stokeley:

Alice stared into Henry’s lean face with his bright eyes and straight nose and pursed lips and heard herself answering in a voice bordering on strident, “So I want to think about it for a moment. It’s a question I take seriously. The last thing Lady Stokeley should have is interrupted care.”
     Henry’s nostrils flared as he gave a quick, short nod. “A fair point, and yet you have already started your employment.”
     “True, but if I’m not mistaken, you are considering terminating it,” Alice returned, surprising both of them. She almost sounded bolshy. “So it’s worth making sure I want to fight for my cause.”
     Henry cocked his head, his gaze sweeping over her like a laser. “And do you?”
-->      “Yes.”

You can preorder Marry Me at Willoughby Close here. Stop by tomorrow for a Thursday Throwback and giveaway!


No comments: